On Friday at breakfast, she kept pointing to the kitchen counter where the bananas were. I finally realized that it was a banana that she wanted- I happily obliged and she ate the entire banana (a first for her). At lunch, the exact same thing happened and she ate another entire banana. Finally, dinner came and I figured that I would be able to give her a pear or orange...boy was I mistaken! By then, she started saying, "Nana!" and pointing to the counter again. So, by the end of Friday, she had eaten 3 ENTIRE bananas...that has got be some kind of record, right?!?!? Which brings me to this video: thanks to Jeremy and Ashley for introducing me to this quite some time ago! Why not use technology to reinforce good eating habits?Sunday, March 2, 2008
Influenced...
This past week, El made a perfect illustration of how things we watch (on TV in particular) can make a difference in what we do. She received an amazing Elmo's World DVD collection for Valentine's Day from Grammy Wendy (I think we, as parents, were actually more excited that we didn't have to keep watching and listening to the Pets one). Last Thursday was the first time she had seen the video below and had never had an obvious affinity to anything listed in the title.
On Friday at breakfast, she kept pointing to the kitchen counter where the bananas were. I finally realized that it was a banana that she wanted- I happily obliged and she ate the entire banana (a first for her). At lunch, the exact same thing happened and she ate another entire banana. Finally, dinner came and I figured that I would be able to give her a pear or orange...boy was I mistaken! By then, she started saying, "Nana!" and pointing to the counter again. So, by the end of Friday, she had eaten 3 ENTIRE bananas...that has got be some kind of record, right?!?!? Which brings me to this video: thanks to Jeremy and Ashley for introducing me to this quite some time ago! Why not use technology to reinforce good eating habits?
On Friday at breakfast, she kept pointing to the kitchen counter where the bananas were. I finally realized that it was a banana that she wanted- I happily obliged and she ate the entire banana (a first for her). At lunch, the exact same thing happened and she ate another entire banana. Finally, dinner came and I figured that I would be able to give her a pear or orange...boy was I mistaken! By then, she started saying, "Nana!" and pointing to the counter again. So, by the end of Friday, she had eaten 3 ENTIRE bananas...that has got be some kind of record, right?!?!? Which brings me to this video: thanks to Jeremy and Ashley for introducing me to this quite some time ago! Why not use technology to reinforce good eating habits?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Mmmmm....a girl after my own heart - Bananas!! Yeah!! Party, party!! I've never told you how much I love that video. It's so catchy : )
Post a Comment